How To Fit More of Your Passion Into Your Life

If you love what you do as much as I do then you are probably trying to find ways to do more of it.  I'm a wife and mother with many responsibilities.  I am also a designer and crafter and I'm constantly trying to find more time to either start or finished art-based projects. It can be a real struggle.  Rarely do I get the opportunity to spend the entire day working on my projects.  Below you will find the top 5 things that have helped me become more productive. 

1)  Make A Plan:  Yes make a plan and stick to it.  I'm not saying you should be rigid, just focused.  Plans have to be changed when unexpected issues arise so be flexible.  If you are as busy as I am then you know time is valuable and should not be wasted.  It's very important to prioritize your day to get the most out of it.

2)  Be Prepared:  This motto is not just for the Boy Scouts.  I keep a work box in my car.  This is a simple container with a project that needs to get done.  This is not just busy work but an actually project that may be somewhere in the middle of my to do list.  Your work box can even contain a book that you need to read in order to improve your skills.  Having this box in your vehicle ready to go will enable you to pull it out when you go to the doctor, or while waiting in the pick up line at your child's school.

3)  Get Up Early:  I have found that getting up an hour or two earlier than the rest of my household gives me enough quiet time to think, plan or put the finishing touches on a few projects.  It also alleviates the guilty feeling that I should be doing something else like cooking or cleaning.

4)  Stay Up Late: Staying up late after your household has gone to bed is a great way to fit more of what you love to do in your schedule.  Of course, I'm not saying you should make a habit of this, because we need our sleep to keep our creative juice flowing.  One night a week will probably suffice.  Staying up late, like getting up early, gives you the opportunity to finish or start projects.  It can also provide the quiet time you need to reflect on the day and plan for the next.

5)  Keep Yourself Healthy:  Good health is priceless so be sure to take time to do the things that keep you physically, emotionally, and mentally healthy.  A healthy mind and body gives you the energy and appreciation to keep doing whatever it is you love to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment