Irregular, Misshapen, Tarnished - PERFECT!

As you can tell by the title of this post I am currently obsessed with imperfection.  I found tons of irregular, misshapen, tarnished gunmetal beads in my stash.  I believe these were inexpensive beads I bought many years ago from a local big box store when I first started beading.   I kept the beads but in the back of my mind I was never planning to use them, because who has time to pick through the bunch trying to find the perfect ones?   Looking for a challenge and armed with a positive attitude and a desire to create something organic I put them to use, and voila! 

I was able to use the irregular beads along with some metal beads and buttons and create the designs below.  I also discovered a really fun technique.  After making a wide cuff style bracelet, I folded it in half, sewed it up, adding beads where needed to create this texturelicious bangle.  Love it! and of course I'm obsessed - for a while anyway.  Moral of this story - never throw away any beads.


No comments:

Post a Comment