Crocheting with Embroidery Floss

crocheted button made from one skein of embroidery floss
 
When I'm shopping for crochet thread or yarn, I always notice the DMC embroidery floss.  There is such a wide range of colors and some of them have such a beautiful sheen that I have to buy a few skeins.  I'm finally getting around to using the floss in my work. I like to buy several skeins in the same color family.  I love the monochromatic color pallette, but I am starting to play with complimentary color pallettes as well.  I was able to make the beautiful button in the image with one skein.
Visit the Irish Crochet Lab to learn how to make this button.


Below you'll find the progress I've made so far.  I plan to make a necklace to wear with the lacy top I purchased at Charlotte Russe on a recent shopping trip.  I've been looking for different crochet tops to showcase some of the crochet neckpieces I'm making for the summer. 

4 skeins of embroidery thread used at this point




No comments:

Post a Comment